498A case filed. Now compromise. How to quash FIR?

My sis has been being harassed for the last five years by her husband n in-laws. Circumstances turned severe, things happened. We filed cases against them-307,323,342,498a,504,506 IPC, 34DPA. Now compromise is in the process. My lwayer is saying the case can only be qushed through high court. Is it so? Or some other way is there which is more reliable?

Answers (1)

420 votes
Yes, your advocate has advised you correctly .high court only under its inherent powers under section 482 crpc can quash FIR .

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles