ques354 & 363 compoundable?

I have been charged under sections IPC 354, 363 and 506. I have been jailed for 25 days and was out on bail issued by high court. Now my doubt is whether i can compromise with the opposition as they are ready to withdraw the case. So i request you to tell how to proceed from now on to get out of the case? Is IPC 354 and 363 compoundable sections? If i wish to compromise.

  • ansSince it is non-compoundable offence you can not make compromise in lower court. However the high court may in its discretion can compound the offence as in many cases the supreme has hold that in individual disputes the non-compoundable offence can be compounded by high court or supreme court. If High Court refuses to compound the case then you can get the case resulted in acquittal of the accused person by way of favorable evidence of de facto complainant in trial.

  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • IPC Section 354 - Assault or criminal force to woman with intent to outrage her modesty
Consult best Criminal lawyers in India

Similar questions

Can I send the summons for a defamation case to someone's work address. The office…
I belong to hindu religion. my wife has attemped suicide for two time to threat…
498A case has been filed against me. I have got anticipatory bail. I am working…
Complainant has filed criminal case with said sections, after date 505days delay of date of…

Criminal Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Nagesh B L

 Experience: 23 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly