211 IPC / 499 IPC possible at this stage against FIR and deposition ?

09-Mar-2023 (In Criminal Law)
Me n my son r facing charges u/s 498A / 406 since a long time and in between my daughter in law deposed in Mat Suit n contradicted all the allegations of 406 therein and with the help of that we r trying to quash the 498A / 406 proceedings but simultaneously can we file a case against her at this stage u/s 211 IPC for false allegations in FIR or for criminal defamation ?
Answers (1)

Answer #1
956 votes
you can wait for your criminal case to get over first. and your case of acquittal could have been of extra advantage to you but be at as it may you can pursue both those remedies after quashing.

Tanmoy Chattopadhyay,
M.Sc (Met), LL.B (Delhi),
High Court, Calcutta
Helpful? LawRato LawRato

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."