164 statement give in favour of parents in 366 IPC case against me.

164 statement given by the girl in favour of the parents, in a case under section 366A IPC against me. What can be done now?

Answers (1)

132 votes

At first i want to know about the victim as well as also want to know about the instant criminal cases thereafter i will able to make the proper opinion on such issues.
However, if the girl has already made the statement in favour of her parent u/s 164 of Cr. P.C. then it needs to ensure that (i) the rank of IO shall be not below the rank of Sub Inspector of the local police station, (ii) On genuineness of the statement of the victim girl the competent magistrate may take cognizance or not, (iii) after taking taking the cognizance by the competent magistrate on the basis of statement recorded u/s 166 of Cr. P. C. then the accused may file the quashing application u/s 482 of Cr. P. C. before the High Court against the order passed by competent magistrate, (iii) the statement recorded by police u/s 166 may or may not be effected as corroborative evidence of trial, (iv) under the scope of FIR, Compliant case or any relevant material of prosecution case, the accused may file the protest petition against those for connivance purpose.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Pradeep Kumar
Rohini Court, Delhi
14 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles