What is the time required to register a partnership firm

What is the time required to register a partnership firm. what is the time required to convert a partnership firm into a pvt ltd firm.

Answer

This question has been answered by one of our lawyers. See answer below.

Partnerships in India are governed by the Indian Partnership Act, 1932. As per the Partnership Act, Registration of Partnership Firms is optional and is entirely at the discretion of the partners. The Partners may or may not register their Partnership Agreement.

The procedure for Registration of Partnership Firms in India is fairly simple. An application and the prescribed fees are required to be submitted to the Registrar of Firms of the State in which the firm is situated. The following documents are also required to be submitted along with the application:-
1. Application for Registration of Partnership in Form No. 1
2. Duly filled specimen of Affidavit
3. Certified True Copy of the Partnership Deed
4. Ownership proof of the principal place of business or rental/lease agreement thereof.

The application or statement must be signed by all the partners, or by their agents especially authorised in this behalf. When the registrar is satisfied with the points stated in the partnership deed, he shall record an entry of the statement in a register called the Register of Firms and issue a Certificate of Registration.

It should however be noted that registration with the Registrar of Firms is different from Registration with the Income Tax Deptt. It is mandatory for all firms to apply for Registration with the Income Tax Department and have a PAN Card.

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your query.

The time taken in regustering a partnership firm is two weeks provided we get all the relevant documdnts on time. Further, we require bank account and Permanent Account Number.

Changing the partnership to a private limited companh would require four weeks.

Should you require anything further, please feel free to contact us.

Best Regards

Popular Corporate Lawyers