Procedure to apply for Copyright of Music Distribution

Hi, I'm an independent music composer and producer. I'm thinking of getting my music distributed through a distribution platform called CDBaby https://www.cdbaby.com/ I want help in understanding the different music laws that I need to be aware of and also I want to understand the various services they offer as I'm having a hard time understanding them due to my lack of familiarity with the laws. Also, I need to know that if I am the producer and composer of a song; where the tune is composed and arranged by me, am I entitled to be the sole copyright holder of the song? Considering that I have payed the singer or the instrumentalist for their time and effort on day of recording? I am asking this because there are a few songs I have composed which are sung by a different artist and I have credited them as singers and performers and paid them for their service. In such a scenario, what precautions should I take to avoid any possible disputes in the future?

First thing is get an agreement in place that you will be the owner of the copyright for any work which you get done from others on payment.
Sec. 17 of the copyright act will give you those rights.
Yes you can be the sole copyright holder if you have got the work done on payment of remuneration.
For copyright registration and making contracts for the same you can contact us.

Hi. You need to contact an IPR lawyer precisely a lawyer well-versed with copyright laws. You can sign a contract between distributor and yourself which is essential. There is nothing as music laws however you must get yourself protected with the help of copyright laws and contract laws.

Popular Trademark & Copyright Lawyers