×

quesHow to patent my business idea for designing? What else can be done?

I have a Business Idea that I need to patent. The idea is about Jewelry Designing. I am designing some gold jewelry as well and I want to protect it against people from copying my idea.

What all options do I have?

No idea can be patented. The business strategy, if written in the book form becomes the literary work which is protected under the Copy Right Act.

Patent is done either of the product or of the process, and as such a patent act is not applicable for protection of any idea.

Regarding the design of the jewellery, it can be protected under the Design Act.