Procedure for cancellation of release deed made by grandmother

My uncle influenced my grand mother and made false promises to her that he will take care of her and believing on him My grand mother executed a release deed of her share in our ancestral property in favor of my uncle . However after getting the property he has taken the u turn and troubling her in various other ways therefore she wants to cancel the release deed as she feels cheated. The release deed was executed by fraud and cheating . What is the procedure in indian law to cancel a release deed.

Answers (1)

335 votes

The release Deed is a deed through title of the property got transferred. once the Title Transfer, it cannot be transfer in one shot before the office of the Sub Registrar. You have to file the Regular civil Suit for cancellation of Release Deed on the grounds , stated by you in your query. simultaneously an First Information Report should also be registered before the concern Police station for the offence of cheating, so that your civil suit will have more force.
so accordingly it is opined that you have to file a civil suit for cancellation of release deed and Permanent Injunction. You also need to file stay application , and get an stay order from the competent court , so that your uncle may not alienate the property during the pendency of the suit.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Civil Lawyers

Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Kapil Chandna
Patiala House Court, Delhi
9 years Experience
Advocate Kapil Chandna
Patiala House Court, Delhi
9 years Experience
Advocate Ravi Jadhav
Koregaon Park, Pune
13 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Civil Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles