Illegal dairy farm running in a residential area what action possible

There is illegal dairy farm running in a residential area. When we complained about it the authorized personal came but did not take any action. What action can we take in this situation?

Answer

You may invoke the authority of the District Magistrate or a Sub-divisional Magistrate under the provisions of Section 133 of the Code of Criminal Procedure. This provision allows the above stated officers to remove a public nuisance on information received by them. You may make your complaint in the form of a letter detailing the facts and circumstances of your case. It may help your cause to have some other residents of the locality join your complaint. Feel free to get in touch if we could be of any further assistance to you.

Advocate Swapnil Jamkar
Chhatrapati Square, Nagpur
Advocate Surangama Sharma
Gomti Nagar, Lucknow