Is it valid to file cheque bounce case after 18 months of occurrence?

07-Feb-2023 (In Cheque Bounce Law)
Dear Sir/Madam, i have cheque bounce matter of june 2015 just want to know till what period is my case valid to file in court in other way duration to file case as more than 18 month has pass regards
Answers (4)

Answer #1
749 votes
Dear client u have to send legal notice within 3o days from cheque bounce date through lawyer. If other party not pay amount then have to file cheque bounce case under sec 138 of n i act in 30 days from notice issue date if limitation is over then u can file civil suit for recovery within 2 years. For any legal help call me

Adv Prasad Patil


Answer #2
670 votes
Taking into consideration the above facts and the query therein.

According to the NI Act the valid of any cheque is only 3 months from the date of issue. However if the cheque is bounced. One needs to file the case within the stipulated time with is approximately 75 days from the date of dishonor of cheque. Beyond the limitation the cheque instrument becomes invalid.

In certain matters a delay condonation application can be filed with the court in cases of beyond limitations. If the application is allowed. The Case can be initiated by the court.

Best Regards .
Answer #3
559 votes
Filing of cheque bounce case is a time bound matter. You need to issue a statutory notice within 30 days from the date of cheque bounce demanding the cheque amount. Thereafter the other side has 15 days time to remit the amount if he so wishes. If the other side does not pay the amount within 15 days, you have to file a complaint before the competent court within 30 days of expiry of the 15 days to remit the amount.
Answer #4
783 votes
within 15 day from bounce of cheque legal notice required then within 30 days after service of notice case of 138 N.I.ACT should be filed
U can file delay condolence application with strong reasons 4 delay

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."