Husband not appearing on second motion of Mutual Divorce

I had applied for mutual consent divorce and first motion is completed in Jan 2017 now my husband is not coming on desired second motion date . Please suggest what can be done in this scenario. Husband is out of India . Can I withdraw MCD and go for contested . In case I do that will I have to return amount I received in second motion.

Answers (3)

80 votes

if you filed the second motion in the concerned court after both parties's signatures and he is not appearing in the Hon'ble court on the next date of hearing then you can do receive the long date from the court with the strong reason, more information, pls contact me at my office or my person mobile nos.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

267 votes

Hello, kindly share your details and facts, to desolve this case, you can apply mutual divorce in mediation center, this is same effective and less time consuming too.
You don't need to revert back your money and will suggest you every possibilities.
Jayatee Chatterjee
Solicitor/ Advocate

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
86 votes

A close reading of section 13-B of the Hindu Marriage Act, 1955, makes it clear that a divorce by mutual consent can be granted only if both the parties appear voluntarily on the First motion as well as on the Second motion.
If your husband is not appearing before the court, under such circumstances neither you nor the court can force him to appear and make a statement. Even after making efforts, if your husband does not appear, then the option available to you is to withdraw the petition and file a petition under different grounds as enumerated under Section 13(1) of the Hindu Marriage Act.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles