One of the best Advocates & Lawyers in Guwahati - Advocate Suman Das

Advocate Suman Das

LawRato Verified
LawRatoLawRatoLawRatoLawRato 4.0 | 2+ user ratings
LawRatoNilachalpur Bezbaruah Nagar, Guwahati
LawRato6 years Experience
Practice Areas
Anticipatory Bail, Arbitration, Bankruptcy / Insolvency, Civil, Corporate, Criminal, Divorce, Labour & Service, Property, Tax
Language(s) Spoken: Assamese, Bengali, English, Hindi
Advocate Suman Das, an alumni of National Law University Delhi (NLU Delhi) has been practicing in the Gauhati High Court for more than 7 years. She has worked extensively in Civil, Criminal, Service Law, arbitration, bails, civil and criminal appeal and PIL matters and has regular appearance in trial courts including NCLT, DRT, CAT, Family Court, Railway Claims Tribunal and MACT.
She is also experienced and handles CBI, NCB, ED and NGT matters. She has recently started her own Law Firm in the name of M & L LEGAL and has a team of extremely knowledgeable advocates who work passionately in delivery of justice.

  • Central Administrative Tribunal (CAT) Guwahati,
  • Debts Recovery Tribunal (DRT) Guwahati,
  • District Court, Guwahati,
  • Gauhati High Court,
  • High Court of Meghalaya,
  • Manipur High Court,
  • Motor Accident Cases Tribunal, Guwahati,
  • Supreme Court Of India,
  • Tripura High Court

Fill the form to get contact number of Advocate Suman Das

(Lawyer contact number will be sent to this number)

Popular Reviews

JOYANTA BHUYAN - Verified Client LawRato LawRato LawRato LawRato
The lawyer aided me in making the best decision possible.
2 months ago
S Bora nath - Verified Client LawRato LawRato LawRato LawRato LawRato
The lawyer provided me with sound advice.
Over 3 months ago
Nirmal Choudhury - Verified Client LawRato LawRato LawRato LawRato LawRato
I was offered the right advice which helped me in my legal issue.
Over 3 months ago

Questions Answered by Advocate Suman Das

Q: Should i have to submit family declaration for taking job under Compa

My husband has died 1 year ago. He was working under central govt. I with my inlaws have made an agreement for dividing all the death benefits of deceased employee into 50 :50. My husband made his father nominee in NPS account. Now whatever I get from the office it was distributed between inlaws and me. But as in Nps my father in law is nominee now he denied to share with me that amount i e.13 lakhs though NPS was also mentioned in that agreement paper. He also kept all my husband's personal Bank related things like Passbook, Debit card, Credit card. I asked to give those things but they completely denied from giving that. As he is not giving me that share I also denied to give declaration affidavit to the office that I will take care of family members of deceased employee i.e. Mother & Father. Now my question is :n1: Is it compulsory to give such family declaration that I will take care of the deceased's family member??nOr I can get the job under Compassionate ground without the de

Advocate Suman Das answered
It's compulsory to give the declaration otherwise your employment will not be selected for compassionate appointment. Later on if you challenge it also in courts you will fail as it is a pre-requisite for availing the benefit of compassionate appointment.

Q: I have entered a sale agreement in the year 2018 for the sale of a plot of land in Assam. The purcha

I have entered a sale agreement in the year 2018 for the sale of a plot of land in Assam. The purchaser also took a power of attorney where it was mentioned that he can totally manage the property. It was orally decided that he would leave 7 ft. land as way to the landowners (my relatives) behind the land but later he said the he will only leave 3ft. land. My relatives called me and we decided to put posts in the land excluding the 7ft. distance, after some time the purchaser called me and scolded me and uprooted the posts. Now, I don't want to sell the land to this person anymore even if he decides to leave 7ft. of land. I took more than half of the total payment on grounds of necessity which was mentioned in the agreement. The sale agreement was only notarized. As almost 6 years had passed is the agreement still valid? If yes, is it revocable? Also there was a minor mistake in the agreement regarding the location of the land. The name of village was wrong. How to the revoke POA?

Advocate Suman Das answered
HelloYou will have to first serve a notice on the Attorney Holder that you are revoking the POA and then publish an advertisement in the newspaper regarding the same. Thereafter you proceed and take possession of your land. we also need to know the status of your land- Eksonia, Myadi Patta, Krishi Land, etc to advise better.

Q: boy take advantage with the girl's uncle and bye fraud take signature of the girl in marraige certif

boy take advantage with the girl's uncle and bye fraud take signature of the girl in marraige certificate and islam kabul nama... now after almost 4 years the girl came to know about the issue. now the boy is threating the girl that he will not divorce her and will take her with him ... and also the boy is very much rich sooo he try to bribe the persons for making judgement on his side ... what action should we take divorce the boy ... plz help

Advocate Suman Das answered
File for a nullification if you can prove that fraud has been committed. if not then you have to proceed for divorce under the special Marraige Act. No court will be influenced to the extent of not granting a divorce if you can show reasonable you claim fraud but you need to find out how and when the fraud happened.

Q: Regarding Non Payment Of Employees Wages

In regard with the subject mentioned above, I would like to inform and seek your kind advice, that Sir many of employees working under THE ASOM BAHUMAKHI SAMABAI SAMITI LTD DIPHU BRANCH has not received any wages from the day of their joining. And I also would like to inform that the acting Divisional manager has collected an Amount of Rs 50000 from each employee. Now the employees working under the above mentioned department made a decision to quit the job and get refunded the amount they have payed. So I on behalf of their request i would like to kindly urged your kind legal advice and support for which I shall be highly obliged.

Advocate Suman Das answered
Hello,We deal with Labour Laws and hopefully we will be able to help you. The question you shared needs additional information. I need to know the status of the Samiti- Is it registered or not? under which act?, etc.Secondly, I need to know the designation of the employees. I also need to know if you have formed any trade union or not.

Q: builder has not given us possesion certificate

the builder has not added my fathers name in the jamabandi and still hasnt given us the handover certificate. we are afraid that he might try to take over our unit. what should i do?

Advocate Suman Das answered
Sir, kindly approach RERA, Real Estate Regulatory Authority. We generally deal with RERA in Guwahati. You can file a petition before RERA and ask the court to direct the promoter/builder for the certificate.


Frequently Asked Questions about Advocate Suman Das

Can Advocate Suman Das represent me in court?

Yes, Advocate Suman Das can represent you in court. The lawyer is trained to present your case in the most effective way possible.

What should I bring to my initial consultation with Advocate Suman Das?

When you meet with Advocate Suman Das for an initial consultation, it is important to bring any relevant documents or information with you. This may include documents related to your legal issue, such as contracts or court orders, as well as any other relevant information, such as a list of questions or concerns you have about your case.

How do I prepare for my initial consultation with Advocate Suman Das?

Before your initial consultation with Advocate Suman Das, it can be helpful to think about the specific legal issue you are facing and any questions or concerns you have about your case. You should also gather any relevant documents or information that you think may be helpful in understanding your situation.

What should I expect during my initial consultation with Advocate Suman Das?

During your initial consultation with Advocate Suman Das, you can expect to discuss the specific legal issue you are facing and the details of your situation. Lawyer will ask you questions to get a better understanding of your case and will provide you with information about your legal options and any potential outcomes.

How do I communicate with Advocate Suman Das?

It is important to communicate with Advocate Suman Das regularly to stay updated on the progress of your case and to discuss any new developments or concerns you may have. You can communicate with the lawyer through phone calls, emails, or in-person meetings.

How much does it cost to hire Advocate Suman Das?

The cost of hiring Advocate Suman Das can vary widely. Some lawyers charge hourly rates, while others charge a flat fee for their services. Some also offer free initial consultations to discuss your case. Kindly contact the lawyer directly to enquire about the fee.