One of the best Advocates & Lawyers in Kochi - Advocate Sherry J Thomas

Advocate Sherry J Thomas

LawRato Verified
LawRatoLawRatoLawRatoLawRato 4.0 | 2+ user ratings
LawRatoBanerjee Road, Kochi
LawRato22 years Experience
Practice Areas
Anticipatory Bail, Corporate, Criminal, Cyber Crime, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Family, High Court, Media and Entertainment, Property
Language(s) Spoken: English, Hindi, Malayalam
Advocate Sherry J Thomas has been practicing and handling cases independently with a result oriented approach, both professionally and ethically and has now acquired many years of professional experience in providing legal consultancy and advisory services.
  • District Court, Ernakulam
  • Family Court, Ernakulam
  • Kerala High Court

Recently Contacted Lawyers in Kochi

Popular Reviews

There are no reviews yet for Advocate Sherry J Thomas. Please consult the lawyer through LawRato if you wish to leave a review.

Questions Answered by Advocate Sherry J Thomas

Q: Dispute in inheriting home from father threatening to give all wealth

My father is living seperately in an other house. My mother is living with me and my sister. My father owns two houses and other business also. Now he is threatening to vacate us from this house as it is in his name. He is not allowing to conduct any function in this house. How to apply for partition to get the house in my mothers name? Whether legal case will stand if we move to court as all the wealth is acquired by him only. He is threatening that he will give all the property and money to trust as donation. Kindly guide me.

Advocate Sherry J Thomas answered
father can do his property according to his wish. however under the provisions of protection of women from domestic violence act your mother or sister can claim residence in the shared household. only the property of those persons died intestate will be distributed among the legal heirs.

Q: Boy threatening to leak photos, and harm loved ones.

My friend(a girl),20, broke up with a boy more than a month ago. now the boy is constantly threatening to spread rumors, constantly abusing her through phone, and now he's threatening to leak her photos to his friends and her whole college and the internet. He is also threatening to kill her current boyfriend. like he said he has sent people to kill him. She has all the proofs (call voice recording, chat screenshots, voice notes etc.) of him stating to do all these. Is it a good idea to go directly to a police station and file a complaint? i would like to know the legal procedures he would go through.

Advocate Sherry J Thomas answered
the above narrated incident is a cognizable offence. Those offences are of serious nature and once your lodge the petition before the police they will register FIR and start investigation . as part of the investigation you have to give statement to the police . thereafter when the investigation is completed police will file before the concerned magistrate Court . after taking cognizance by got you will get summons from the court and you have to give evidence before the court.

Q: Declaration suit at Family Court as per the Jurisdiction Section 7b

Is it possible to file a joint suit for a declaratory decree at Family Court (as per the Jurisdiction Section 7b) so as to affirm that a marriage held at Temple (only tied the knot) is invalid?nn Please note that n1. The marriage is not legally registered.2. Both the parties didn’t lived together as husband and wife. n3. Both the parties do not want to continue the marital contract. n4. Both the parties will not oppose each other in filing the declaration suit.

Advocate Sherry J Thomas answered
Registration of marriage is not necessary for the legal validity of the marriage. if the parties undergone proper customary marriage then the said marriage is a valid marriage in the eye of law. they have to file petition for divorce before the proper jurisdictional Court.

Q: Wife and Family Is filing a divorce petition

Sir, my wife and their family is filing a divorce case and they are saying that I am physically torturing and pledged golds given by her family. I didn't torture but the fact is I pledged her gold for starting a restaurant. I deeply love her and I am not willing for divorce and I can't live without her. What to do sir?

Advocate Sherry J Thomas answered
initial proceeding in a divorce case is statutory counselling. you can suggest your intention for rejoining before the counselor. if the other spouse is not willing, they may proceed the case. in case of physical attack, they are having the right to lodge criminal Case before the police station. they can also move a petition before the family court for return of money and ornaments.

Q: How to stop Settlement deed cancellation?

My father( senior citizen) gave some of his property to me by settlement deed, then i did property mutation and paid land tax on my name. Now he is trying to get property back, How can i prevent that. he have other property on his name

Advocate Sherry J Thomas answered
if the deed is registered after 2007 provision of section 23 can be applied for cancellation of deed in case of senior citizens. as per the present legal position recitals of the deed must show that the senior citizen will be maintained. In general case, suit has to be filed for cancelling the deed. if it is a gift deed, before mutation / acceptance, the donor can cancel it.

Frequently Asked Questions about Advocate Sherry J Thomas

Can Advocate Sherry J Thomas represent me in court?

Yes, Advocate Sherry J Thomas can represent you in court. The lawyer is trained to present your case in the most effective way possible.

What should I bring to my initial consultation with Advocate Sherry J Thomas?

When you meet with Advocate Sherry J Thomas for an initial consultation, it is important to bring any relevant documents or information with you. This may include documents related to your legal issue, such as contracts or court orders, as well as any other relevant information, such as a list of questions or concerns you have about your case.

How do I prepare for my initial consultation with Advocate Sherry J Thomas?

Before your initial consultation with Advocate Sherry J Thomas, it can be helpful to think about the specific legal issue you are facing and any questions or concerns you have about your case. You should also gather any relevant documents or information that you think may be helpful in understanding your situation.

What should I expect during my initial consultation with Advocate Sherry J Thomas?

During your initial consultation with Advocate Sherry J Thomas, you can expect to discuss the specific legal issue you are facing and the details of your situation. Lawyer will ask you questions to get a better understanding of your case and will provide you with information about your legal options and any potential outcomes.

How do I communicate with Advocate Sherry J Thomas?

It is important to communicate with Advocate Sherry J Thomas regularly to stay updated on the progress of your case and to discuss any new developments or concerns you may have. You can communicate with the lawyer through phone calls, emails, or in-person meetings.

How much does it cost to hire Advocate Sherry J Thomas?

The cost of hiring Advocate Sherry J Thomas can vary widely. Some lawyers charge hourly rates, while others charge a flat fee for their services. Some also offer free initial consultations to discuss your case. Kindly contact the lawyer directly to enquire about the fee.