One of the best Advocates & Lawyers in Tirunelveli - Advocate Johnson Thangiah

Advocate Johnson Thangiah

LawRato Verified
LawRatoLawRatoLawRatoLawRato 4.0 | 2+ user ratings
LawRatoPalayamkottai, Tirunelveli
LawRato22 years Experience
Practice Areas
Cheque Bounce, Civil, Criminal, Cyber Crime, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Labour & Service, Property, Tax, Trademark & Copyright
Language(s) Spoken: English, Tamil
Advocate Johnson Thangiah completed his law in the year 2002 and has been providing services in various fields of law, that is, Cheque Bounce, Property, Criminal, Divorce, Civil, consumer Court,Custom Act, Prevention of money laundering act, 2002 and drafting and vetting of various agreements and documents.

Advocate Johnson enrolled with the Bar Council of Tamil Nadu & Puducherry in 2002. He is a member of the Tamil Nadu Bar Association & Pondicherry Bar Association.

Enrollment Number : MS/2073/2002
  • District Court, Madurai

Popular Reviews

Muthuraj - Verified Client LawRato LawRato LawRato LawRato LawRato
I was offered the right advice which helped me in my legal issue.
Over 3 months ago
Suresh - Verified Client LawRato LawRato LawRato LawRato LawRato
The lawyer provided me with sound advice.
Over 3 months ago

Questions Answered by Advocate Johnson Thangiah

Q: Is GST applicable in maintenance cost of appartment

I would like to know the applicablity of GST for maintanence charges levid by the builder. Our's is a big community having morethan 900 houses. Phase 1 completed ~400 houses completed one year before and handed over to customers. Around ~120 owners has occupied the houses. After one year completion, Builder is seekign for advance payment of Maintanence charges along with GST cahrges. My monthly maintanence charges will be around Rs 3000/- And it is calculated based on Sqft. Builder wants to have the 3 months paid together with GST of 18%. And Builder is claiming since sum of all maintanence charges received will be more than Rs25Lac, GST is applicable for us and we have to pay for it. Is it genuine?

Advocate Johnson Thangiah answered
Sir,You have to pay monthly maintenance charges along with 18% of GST.You need not pay more than that money.May builders and associations are charging/ collecting more money in the name of GST.If any dispute arise you may lodge complaint before the regional office of the GST. Thanks.

Q: Builder delayed the possession and charged GST over the property

I have booked a one apartment and as per agreement he should completed the apartment on 30.04.2017. But, he makes the delay and raise the remaining payment with GST. This GST charges occurred only the builder delay the process.So, may I know, who should take this GST ?

Advocate Johnson Thangiah answered
Sir, You entered agreement with the builder before the GST implementation.So you are not entitle for GST.Due to delay of builders work the GST levied. It is the fit case for consumer.

Q: How to get divorce certificate if husband deserted me 25 years back

I am hindu married woman,I lived with my husband only 40 days, he was deserted me at Thirutani Temple and gone away 25 years back, since his left i lived with my parents, some body told me I am eligible to get the pension after my mother but you will submit divorce certificate to govt officer, then only they will issue the pension, so i request you to kindly advise me is it possible or not and also the expenses and related docs pl. But I don't have marriage photo and marriage certificate pl.

Advocate Johnson Thangiah answered
Sir, Whether your husband live or dead if he alive you lodged a complaint before RDO regarding your husband. On the basis of the complaint file a HMOP case before the sessions court court for divorce.

Q: Clarification on sale of property already sold to another buyer

seller has executed the sale deed but denied to appear to registrar office as the seller was instructed by this brother not to goto registrar office also did mindwash that he can help them selling the property for more money. My Sale deed was kept pending at District registrar office with reason:'executant failed to appear at registrar office' which is a valid reason to keep the document pending under registration act.I also applied for compulsory registration within in the right time at District registrar office. In the meantime the seller has sold the same property in the year 2014 to his brother's wife. will the second sale be valid??Please comment. as per the transfer of property act the second sale will be invalid when the property is in litigation, please let me know. Note:District registrar summoned the sellers and did the enquiry, the sellers has agreed that they executed the deed and now willing to register the document.

Advocate Johnson Thangiah answered
Sir, It is simple to file a civil suit against the defaulter before the juristic court Under specific performance ACT. In this suit the plaintiff can impleads the district registrar as the defendants.

Q: Gave money for admission, but person ran off. How to recover the money

A person misrepresented her to be a college faculty of a college where I had applied for a course for which she gave her account details stating that she would pay the fee if transferred to a particular account number but I later came to know thatans allocate an admission for the course.later I came to know that the person has cheated me and took a money amounting to 36000 via online into her personal account. When contacting the college, the college stated that the person has left the college long back and there was no admission allocated for me to the particular course. I have the person's contact number, name and her account number which I have transferred the amount. Please help me regarding getting my amount back as I am from a family belonging to a lower level.

Advocate Johnson Thangiah answered
Sir, First you give a proper written compliant to the police station regarding the incident.The copy of the compliant to be given to the collector of the district. surely the police file a FIR against the person. The best example is SRM University scam and the police recovered all the money.

Frequently Asked Questions about Advocate Johnson Thangiah

Can Advocate Johnson Thangiah represent me in court?

Yes, Advocate Johnson Thangiah can represent you in court. The lawyer is trained to present your case in the most effective way possible.

What should I bring to my initial consultation with Advocate Johnson Thangiah?

When you meet with Advocate Johnson Thangiah for an initial consultation, it is important to bring any relevant documents or information with you. This may include documents related to your legal issue, such as contracts or court orders, as well as any other relevant information, such as a list of questions or concerns you have about your case.

How do I prepare for my initial consultation with Advocate Johnson Thangiah?

Before your initial consultation with Advocate Johnson Thangiah, it can be helpful to think about the specific legal issue you are facing and any questions or concerns you have about your case. You should also gather any relevant documents or information that you think may be helpful in understanding your situation.

What should I expect during my initial consultation with Advocate Johnson Thangiah?

During your initial consultation with Advocate Johnson Thangiah, you can expect to discuss the specific legal issue you are facing and the details of your situation. Lawyer will ask you questions to get a better understanding of your case and will provide you with information about your legal options and any potential outcomes.

How do I communicate with Advocate Johnson Thangiah?

It is important to communicate with Advocate Johnson Thangiah regularly to stay updated on the progress of your case and to discuss any new developments or concerns you may have. You can communicate with the lawyer through phone calls, emails, or in-person meetings.

How much does it cost to hire Advocate Johnson Thangiah?

The cost of hiring Advocate Johnson Thangiah can vary widely. Some lawyers charge hourly rates, while others charge a flat fee for their services. Some also offer free initial consultations to discuss your case. Kindly contact the lawyer directly to enquire about the fee.