One of the best Advocates & Lawyers in Chikmagalur - Advocate Azad Khan

Advocate Azad Khan

LawRato Verified
LawRatoLawRatoLawRatoLawRatoLawRato 5.0 | 2+ user ratings
LawRatoIndira Gandhi Road, Chikmagalur
LawRato33 years Experience
Practice Areas
Anticipatory Bail, Cheque Bounce, Child Custody, Civil, Criminal, Cyber Crime, Divorce, Domestic Violence, High Court, Motor Accident
Language(s) Spoken: English, Kannada
Advocate Azad Khan completed his law in the year 1991 and has been providing services in various fields of law, that is, Cyber Crime, Child Custody, Cheque Bounce, Criminal, Divorce, Civil, Motor Accident and drafting and vetting of various agreements and documents.

Advocate Azad enrolled with the Bar Council of Karnataka in 1991. He is a member of the Karnataka High Court Bar Association.

Enrollment Number : KAR/400/1991
  • District Court, Chikmagalur
  • Karnataka High Court

Popular Reviews

Vijaya Kumara DN - Verified Client LawRato LawRato LawRato LawRato LawRato
Thank you
Over 3 months ago

Questions Answered by Advocate Azad Khan

Q: What to do if cheque bounced will a receipt be a sufficient evidence

I have filed cheque bounce case of 4.75lakhs.I have acknowledgeme receipt given by accused where its clearly mentioned "Payment done by cheque with cheque details for loan taken from me."The only problem is handwriting on acknowledgement receipt is mine and accused has only signed that acknowledgment receipt.Can you pls let me know if this evidence is enough to win the case?

Advocate Azad Khan answered
The cheque and the bank statement is sufficient to attaract the offence and the presumption is in your favour and the accused required to rebut the presumption. You can say u only written the receipt at the request of accused and there is no issue.

Q: What to do my wife filed a complaint against me and my family

Sir, I received a notice from a police station in Karnataka asking all my family members to appear in Police station based on a complaint by my wife. The police notice does not mention any details about the complaint number or case number. I got to know surely from other sources that FIR is not registered. So my first question is whether me and all my family members have to appear in police station for enquiry or can i ignore it. Because before this notice i received a phone call from the police constable and i answered him back saying that i will not come since there is no FIR or any case registered against me. Now they have served this notice without any details or complaint copy. My Advocate told me to ignore the notice. Because once they file an FIR, then my Advocate said we will apply for anticipatory bail. My second question is whether police can arrest us after a week or so saying that we didn't appear in police station even after serving notice (notice doesn't have case details

Advocate Azad Khan answered
As per the directions of supreme court now police cannot register the FIR for the offence u/s 498-A or under Dowry Prohibition Act without an inquiry by the Dist. Family welfare/ conciliation comittee. Only after the report of the comitte police can register the case. Ask the police to refer the complaint to the dist.comitte and on receipt of notice you can give statement before it.

Q: What to do if the husband is harassing me repeatedly

I have been married for 7 years now. Since, the marriage it was trouble. My husband harasses me mentally. in the early phases of marriage, He used to tell me that he married me because of his mother who forced him to do so and he scolds his mother. He also said to return the thali and go back home. He also left me in the railway statement in the mid night after a fight all alone. I was pleading him not to leave me, but he left. He gets angry uncontrollably. He blames me for everything. If there is traffic jam, he blames. If kid is little cranky, he blames me. If kid supports me, he starts abusing kid also. He shows face everytime when he comes home and keeps blaming me everytime and scolds me. He threatens me saying that he will snatch the kid from me and he will leave. In case if my parents come to stop him, he will kill them. All this is increasing my tension day by day. I am staying with him only because of kid. I want to get out of this marriage. But, I want my kid also.Please help

Advocate Azad Khan answered
You can lodge comlaint to the jurisdictional police about persistant cruelty. You may also file petition for maintainace and shelter n police protection under the D.V.Act., later u can move for divorce also.

Q: What to do if summons are received from the court

We met an accident on 12.08.2017 at Khanapur, Belgaum. A pessenger vehicle hit our car. Our car was damaged and we also got minor injuries. We lodged FIR against driver. However, since we are from pune, we closed the case as it was not feasible to us for going to Belgaum again and again. Now we have received a court notice without copy of petition. I searched online that one of the passenger of another vehicle had filed insurance claim against driver. After 3-4 hearings, notices have also been sent to us and our insurance company. Hearing date is on 29th may. Now we are wondering if we compulsarily need to be present there 

Advocate Azad Khan answered
Dear, its not a big matter to be serious. If you got insured your vehicle then nothing to worry. Engage an advocate at Belgam and hand over the copy of the policy and driving licence and file the objections. Since your driver pleaded guilty the liability if any should be birn by your insurence company.

Q: Paid compensation for motor accident still case filed with compesation

My two wheeler subjected to accident and we have comprised the case and in view of compramise I have paid Rs. 150000/- towards the hospital expenses but inspire of this victim filed private complaint against me in respect of said accident and case for compansation. There are no written documents in this regard. What I can do?

Advocate Azad Khan answered
The case is not compondable. Any compensation or compromise out of court is not a bar the initiate action as has done against you. In the compenation claim you can produce the medical bills for having attended and seek set-off in case the comensation awarded is more than Rs.150000 and if the award is less than that you can recover the balance amount.

Frequently Asked Questions about Advocate Azad Khan

Can Advocate Azad Khan represent me in court?

Yes, Advocate Azad Khan can represent you in court. The lawyer is trained to present your case in the most effective way possible.

What should I bring to my initial consultation with Advocate Azad Khan?

When you meet with Advocate Azad Khan for an initial consultation, it is important to bring any relevant documents or information with you. This may include documents related to your legal issue, such as contracts or court orders, as well as any other relevant information, such as a list of questions or concerns you have about your case.

How do I prepare for my initial consultation with Advocate Azad Khan?

Before your initial consultation with Advocate Azad Khan, it can be helpful to think about the specific legal issue you are facing and any questions or concerns you have about your case. You should also gather any relevant documents or information that you think may be helpful in understanding your situation.

What should I expect during my initial consultation with Advocate Azad Khan?

During your initial consultation with Advocate Azad Khan, you can expect to discuss the specific legal issue you are facing and the details of your situation. Lawyer will ask you questions to get a better understanding of your case and will provide you with information about your legal options and any potential outcomes.

How do I communicate with Advocate Azad Khan?

It is important to communicate with Advocate Azad Khan regularly to stay updated on the progress of your case and to discuss any new developments or concerns you may have. You can communicate with the lawyer through phone calls, emails, or in-person meetings.

How much does it cost to hire Advocate Azad Khan?

The cost of hiring Advocate Azad Khan can vary widely. Some lawyers charge hourly rates, while others charge a flat fee for their services. Some also offer free initial consultations to discuss your case. Kindly contact the lawyer directly to enquire about the fee.