One of the best Advocates & Lawyers in Hoshiarpur - Advocate Amit Kohli

Advocate Amit Kohli

LawRato Verified
LawRatoLawRatoLawRatoLawRatoLawRato 4.8 | 5+ user ratings
LawRatoDistrict Court, Hoshiarpur, Hoshiarpur
LawRato21 years Experience
Practice Areas
Court Marriage, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Family
Language(s) Spoken: English, Hindi, Punjabi
Advocate Amit Kohli completed his law in the year 2003 and has been providing services in various fields of law, that is, Criminal, Divorce, Family and drafting and vetting of various agreements and documents.

He has also successfully cleared PCS (Judicial) Main exam.

Advocate Amit enrolled with the Bar Council of Punjab & Haryana in 2003. He is also a member of Hoshiarpur Bar Association.

Enrollment Number : P/1081/2003
  • District Court, Hoshiarpur

Popular Reviews

Aman - Verified Client LawRato LawRato LawRato LawRato LawRato
The lawyer had a good understanding of my issue. Adv.Amit Kohli aided me in resolving my legal matter successfully. As a result of the advocate's guidance and advice, I was able to choose the best option possible in my legal situation.
Over 3 months ago

Questions Answered by Advocate Amit Kohli

Q: Will the divorce papers from New Zealand court be valid in India

Marriage was registered in 2015 under Hindu marriage act .wife was with me in New Zealand for 6 months .we have separation for more than 2 yrs now, she agreed for mutual divorce and we have finalized the monetary things too. Now how can we proceed for divorce, if I send papers from NZ court will those b valid? If Indian court thr how I can do without coming to India? Will GPA work in a divorce case? Can she take single sided divorce? Pls answer immediately according to the suggestions I need to hire

Advocate Amit Kohli answered
Yes u can file divorce petition under section 13B of Hindu marriage act.There is no neccesity to come from abroad.u have to send power of attorney drafted by us regarding taking mutual consent divorce from court of law.For more detais u may contact

Q: How to file divorce as my wife only wants my house

i m 75% handicap and can not walk. i m 29 year old but wife is not handicap. she is ok. how can i take divorce from wife who is after my property she and her family r greedy.. i have not met my wife last 15 years.. she is living with her father house.. she only wants my whole property to write her name what can i do,?

Advocate Amit Kohli answered
You may file case under section 13 of HMA on the grounds of cruelty and desertion..Thus if the spouses ate living separately for a continuous period of 2 yeats or more then this is a valid and just ground for divorce.For further query u may contact

Q: What to do my in laws and wife mentally harasses me

Mere wife or us ki family mujhe mere parents ko 5 months child ko Milne nave de rahe. WO damki dete hai ki dowry ke case me FSA denge or ye be kehte bolege ki tum hamare beti ko marte ho . dahej mangte ho . ajksl kanon ladkiyon ki taraf hai. Tere maa or Behan or tuje jail bejdenge.jab tak tere sunwai hoge tujhe jail me sdainhe. Tube police she pitwainge.tuje gayab karwadenge.hmaree pass paise nahe hai. Mere papa me tension le kar paralysis ho gaya hai. Please help us how we come out from this situations

Advocate Amit Kohli answered
There is nothing so much to worry about..they r just threatening u n ur family..for the last about thtree years seeing the misuse of s.498A the Honble supreme in its various judgements had given findings to secure the illegal harassment of husband and his family members.Dont be various situations u may get bail and even acquittal in such false dowry cases

Q: What to do if my boyfriend files divorce after marriage

Hi. I’m not married but I’ve talked to my boyfriend’s uncle about us as he just left me after sex. And i was so angry that I called his mother’s brother and i didn’t know that they both had a huge fight and it just got messed up. Hus mother scolded me. And didn’t realise that it was all because of her son. And said I’ll let you marry him. But you won’t get my love and blah blah. But idk what if he files a divorce right after marriage? Like I’m having a feeling that this is their plan . First they will do what i want then they’ll ask him to file divorce. What if I wouldn’t want divorce ?

Advocate Amit Kohli answered
No one can force to file divorce petition after your marriage..Your would be husband has to prove in court the grounds on which he wants to get divorce from's very much tough for him..moreover divorce could only be filed after one year of marriage..

Q: What to do if mother is torturing me

I m 19 yrs old. My mom tortored me daily. She abuse so bad,i nevr want to listen those . She use bad word those who can't say to a girl. Nd i have a boyfrnd nd i want to marry him but he not attaining the age of 21. What should i do i never want to live at home.

Advocate Amit Kohli answered
You are major now as you are above 18 may marry any petson of your choice provided he is 21 years of age as per Hindu marrriage act.Regarding torture by your mother you may file comlaint against her in police or court

Frequently Asked Questions about Advocate Amit Kohli

Can Advocate Amit Kohli represent me in court?

Yes, Advocate Amit Kohli can represent you in court. The lawyer is trained to present your case in the most effective way possible.

What should I bring to my initial consultation with Advocate Amit Kohli?

When you meet with Advocate Amit Kohli for an initial consultation, it is important to bring any relevant documents or information with you. This may include documents related to your legal issue, such as contracts or court orders, as well as any other relevant information, such as a list of questions or concerns you have about your case.

How do I prepare for my initial consultation with Advocate Amit Kohli?

Before your initial consultation with Advocate Amit Kohli, it can be helpful to think about the specific legal issue you are facing and any questions or concerns you have about your case. You should also gather any relevant documents or information that you think may be helpful in understanding your situation.

What should I expect during my initial consultation with Advocate Amit Kohli?

During your initial consultation with Advocate Amit Kohli, you can expect to discuss the specific legal issue you are facing and the details of your situation. Lawyer will ask you questions to get a better understanding of your case and will provide you with information about your legal options and any potential outcomes.

How do I communicate with Advocate Amit Kohli?

It is important to communicate with Advocate Amit Kohli regularly to stay updated on the progress of your case and to discuss any new developments or concerns you may have. You can communicate with the lawyer through phone calls, emails, or in-person meetings.

How much does it cost to hire Advocate Amit Kohli?

The cost of hiring Advocate Amit Kohli can vary widely. Some lawyers charge hourly rates, while others charge a flat fee for their services. Some also offer free initial consultations to discuss your case. Kindly contact the lawyer directly to enquire about the fee.