Transfer property by will to daughter who is not an Indian citizen

I am a widow and 70 yrs old woman.I own a property ( a flat) in Kolkata city. I am the registered owner of the flat.Most of the time I live with my daughter in overseas. I have only one daughter who is married and currently living overseas.I would like to voluntary gift the property to her by will .As she is not an Indian citizen by birth and never lived in India she do not have any proof of Indian ID.After I pass away will there be any evedential issues for her to become the owner of the flat.What should I do now to successfully pass the property on her name. My religion is Hindu.

Answers (1)

72 votes

yes you can easily do a will in favour of your daughter. you can even make a gift deed in favour of her. the evidential issues are not a factor in this case. but the will has to be drafted by a proper person i.e. an advocate who deals in these kinds of matters. the drafting and words of the will shall be very important in this case. you can even contact me for this.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Wills / Trusts Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Wills / Trusts Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."