Not getting MBA certificate from college and threatened by director

I completed my MBA in HR on 6th June, 2020 and I was selected by an IT company in Bangalore through college placements. Due to this COVID-19 situation I changed my decision that I will not join the company in Bangalore which I told to my college also. But after that the Director of the college threatened me that he will delay my certificate and he will take actions against me that he will blacklist my name from the college when there will be a background verification from other company if I joined other company except college placements. The college director forced me to accept the offer letter or else the director will blacklist my career if I do not join the IT company in Bangalore. Kindly suggest me something how to get rid of this situation right now?

This is my response to you:
1. This will depend on the placement rule of your college;
2. You will need to show the bond which you entered into;
3. The terms of the same are binding on you;
4. If there is a force majeure clause then you can find a way out;
5. Consult a local lawyer and take steps.

Popular Wills / Trusts Lawyers