Necessity of a will to obtain mother's property which is in her name

We have a flat which was jointly owned by my father and mother. After my father expired 15 years ago since then the flat as per soceity records is in my mother name.Recently my name was introduced as joint member in the soceity and same was updated in share certificate but the original deed has the name of my father and mother also the change was updated in corporation record through mutation. I do not have any brother or sister.In such case do i need to get a will from my mother that in her absence I will be the owner of the property and get the will registered else how will my name will appear in the property documents if later on i want to sell the property. I am a hindu by birth .please advise

you did not have to do anything now. if anything happens to your mother, then by ground of succession you will automatically inherit the property owned by your father and presently your mother. if anything happens you would consult with an advocate for the same.

Popular Wills / Trusts Lawyers