Necessity of a will to obtain mother's property which is in her name

We have a flat which was jointly owned by my father and mother. After my father expired 15 years ago since then the flat as per soceity records is in my mother name.Recently my name was introduced as joint member in the soceity and same was updated in share certificate but the original deed has the name of my father and mother also the change was updated in corporation record through mutation. I do not have any brother or sister.In such case do i need to get a will from my mother that in her absence I will be the owner of the property and get the will registered else how will my name will appear in the property documents if later on i want to sell the property. I am a hindu by birth .please advise

Answers (1)

299 votes

you did not have to do anything now. if anything happens to your mother, then by ground of succession you will automatically inherit the property owned by your father and presently your mother. if anything happens you would consult with an advocate for the same.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Wills / Trusts Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Wills / Trusts Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."