House property which may get disputed due to will

We are two brothers and three sisters, We all are married,We two brothers live in a house with our parents The house in which we live is bought by my father from his hard earned money,and he is owner of house. My father made a registered will in which he has given house equally to both of his sons(me and my brother). Nothing to sisters. So, my question is that if in future any of my sisters demanded their share from the house, what will we do?? If the sisters acted legally and ask their share from this ancestral property of their father then what ll we do? Do we have to give share out of this house. My father has no other property, except this house in which we live together. Please reply. Regards RK

Answers (1)

231 votes

Dear Sir.. If the property you are discussing about, is the self acquired property, and there is registered will, then your sisters cannot challenge the same.
Thanks and Regards

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Wills / Trusts Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Wills / Trusts Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."