Agreement of share in a WILLed Property

My unmarried aunt (mother's sister) who presently lives in Bangalore has willed her flat to my elder sister. My sister has promised me that she will share half of this property with me, only when she gets it.

But as her husband, her two children and their respective spouses may influence her decision (especially in her old age) can we make a legal document about sharing. Can such a document legally be made? Will it have legal validity?

Oral promises hold no validity. Your sister has no legal right in this property. Her legal right in this property will commence only when she gets this property. Till then your sister cannot make any legal document in your favor.

Popular Wills / Trusts Lawyers