Tax on selling a property by a Permanent resident of Germany

I am an Indian citizen Hindu by religion. Presently I am a permanent resident of Berlin,Germany. I want to sell a property in Hyderabad. My question is " What would be TDS for the smae?

Answers (1)

131 votes

in case of sale by NRI, the buyer has to deduct vide section 195 of income tax act 20.66% of sale consideration as TDS in case of short term capital gain or 33.99% of sale consideration as TDS in case of long term capital gain .
NRI has to subsequently claim TDS refund from income tax department .
please not section194 of income tax(1%tds) is not applicable to NRI

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Tax Lawyers

Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
34 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
16 years Experience
Advocate Surangama Sharma
Gomti Nagar, Lucknow
4 years Experience
Advocate Fauzia Khan
Chaigali, Guwahati
10 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Tax Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."