How to get Succession certificate

In Succession Certificate Law
I am single child and my parents are no more, I need to apply for succession certificate to access bank locker, FD and also need to transfer my house on my name. Can you please tell me where should I apply and how much it costs ?

Answers (2)

259 votes

I have perused the contents of your query and would advise you to seek a detailed consultancy from a lawyer having expertise. You have to apply for the succession certificate by filing a petition under section 372 of the Hindu Succession Act before the concerned court having jurisdiction.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

110 votes

You have to file a petition u/s 372 of Indian Succession Act to the court in jurisdiction of which your parents has taken last breath and then Judge will decide it and grant you the succession certificate.
Also cost of the same depends upon several things.

Popular Succession Certificate Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
35 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
22 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
28 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
37 years Experience

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Succession Certificate Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."