University not giving degree as the case is pending in court. Advice.

Hi Team, I studied in KSOU (Karnataka State Open University) as a distance education from 2010-2013, I completed B.Sc IT but I did not received degree, KSOU people are saying that, KSOU case in court, In India lakes of student studies in KSOU and completed Technical and Non-Technical courses, Today we are all in problem there is no recognizance for KSOU. I have sent so many mail to KSOU but not getting any proper response now I am working in a Private company from last 4-year so if they will not given the degree so it will be very tough for me And all those who has complete the course from KSOU. Please suggest me that what should I do in this case. Now I have to wait because its already delay 4-years or I should file case in court. Regards Mohit Srivastava

Answers (1)

104 votes

Sir, as per yesterday order :
Please read as under :

The University Grants Commission (UGC) may have decided not to grant renewal of affiliation to Karnataka State Open University (KSOU).

Highly placed sources from UGC told The New Indian Express that Union HRD Minister Prakash Javdekar has directed the UGC authorities to file an appeal in the High Court challenging the recent order issued by a single-judge bench headed by Justice B V Nagarathna where it gave a 10-day deadline to the UGC to provide renewal of affiliation to KSOU.

After the deadline ended, KSOU Vice-chancellor Prof Shivalingaiah met UGC’s new chairman and explained the issue before filing a contempt petition two days ago. This is when the HRD minister directed the UGC chairman to get legal opinion and file an appeal before a double bench.

Confirming this, a UGC source said, “Yes, we have received instructions from the minister to look into legal ways of challenging the direction given by the High Court and to file an appeal against the single bench judgment.”

Before they decide on this..they have to take decision on the degree & courses already completed by students.I think you will get your degree.Its getting delayed because of the legal issues in court.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular R.T.I Lawyers

Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
26 years Experience
Advocate Ravi Jadhav
Koregaon Park, Pune
12 years Experience
Advocate Suksham Aggarwal
District and Sessions Court, Ambala
7 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the R.T.I Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles