Wrongfully retaining gift voucher & not returning it back to owner

Dear Sir, I forgot my sister's gift voucher at my friend's car on 03rd Feb 2018. On 5th of March I called her and requested to deliver the same on 8th of March evening. She agreed to handover at evening on 8th March either before 7 pm or after 8 pm as 7 to 8 she conducts a Zumba Class at Aundh Pune. On 8th March at 5.45 pm I dropped a message on whatsapp that at what Time you are delivering the same to me and I called her on 6.00 p.m. for the same to ask the timing. She cut the call by saying "I am in Class". Dont call. After that I dropped a message that I have another meeting and the client is waiting for me. You just tell the timing and she blocked me. I requested 4 days to deliver but she never replied. After that I purchased Ice-cream amounting to the voucher's amount and deliver the same to my sister's home. Now what should I do to recover the same plus damages for mental harassment, wasting of time, cruelty, theft?

Answers (1)

300 votes

Kindly note that the law does not concern itself with trifles. The incident stated by you seems very small. I assume that the gift voucher was of not much amount. You would not be able to sue your friend for mental harassment or cruelty. You can sue her for theft but as I said earlier that law will not consider it since it is a very small issue.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Recovery Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Recovery Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles