Unable to repay the outstanding of a credit card what to do

Hi, this is regarding my outstanding on credit card, I have total outstanding of approx. 6 lakh from difference bank, while I am earning 35k monthly, I was paying my dues regularly, however due to some unforceen incident i am not able to make minimum payment also, now the agency is calling me for recovery. I am not able to pay my dues. please advise.

Answers (1)

94 votes

Hi, write a detailed email to the bank explaining the payment delay. Also ask them to come up with a payment schedule. What needs to be understood that any delay from your side will be calculated in delay interest payment charges.
Credit Card companies report payments to credit bureaus and bad CIBIL may result in long time effects.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Recovery Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Recovery Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles