quesUnable to repay loan after father's death. What to do?

My father took a housing loan from a bank. His unfortunate death caused us a lot of trouble in repaying the loan. Even after his death we continued to pay the EMI for about 60 months. Now we are bankrupt. Can bank consider all EMI's as principal amount and let go of the interest? is there any way to make a deal with bank ?

  • ansPayment of secured loan becomes obligatory on the part of the legal heirs of the borrower as the failure to pay it makes the property mortgaged before the creditor vulnerable for attachment and sale.

    The legal heirs enjoy no special benefit as far as payment of loan is concerned.

    However the bank at its discretion may provide a flexible term for repayment of loan but waiver if interest is very unlikely.

  • Send a legal notice for recovery of dues @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Recovery Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Recovery lawyers in India

Similar questions

A consultation firm promised me to get government job for which we came into agreement…

My previous employer has not paid my 2 months salary. In 2016, he took Rs…
I have given Money worth 11 lacs to my friend through my Bank account. Now…

My Brother an NRI had given me Rs,200000/- by account payee chq on 4.4.2008 we…

Recovery Lawyers in India

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Harish Malhotra

  District Court
 Experience: 19 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly