Recovery of Money paid to Builder for Pre Launch Booking of a Flat

I paid ten lakh to a builder for pre launch booking of a flat gurgaon in March 2013 (seven years back). The project did not started and hence when asked, the builder has not returned the money so far, despite repeated visits/letters. I do not have any document from the builder except a hand written receipt of account payee cheques and the transaction of the money by the bank. I want to know as what are legal remedies or options available with me to get my money back from the builder after a period of seven years. regards

Hello your case need more details for discussion however you will have to give legal notice to the builder for refund along with interest and thereafter you should file complaint either before RERA or Consumer court for refund and compensation. Since you gave money in 2013 it is important to discuss status of the project presently if it is not yet launched and registered with RERA you can also lodge FIR against builder for cheating and breach of trust