Recovery of Money paid to Builder for Pre Launch Booking of a Flat

I paid ten lakh to a builder for pre launch booking of a flat gurgaon in March 2013 (seven years back). The project did not started and hence when asked, the builder has not returned the money so far, despite repeated visits/letters. I do not have any document from the builder except a hand written receipt of account payee cheques and the transaction of the money by the bank. I want to know as what are legal remedies or options available with me to get my money back from the builder after a period of seven years. regards

Answers (1)

310 votes

Hello your case need more details for discussion however you will have to give legal notice to the builder for refund along with interest and thereafter you should file complaint either before RERA or Consumer court for refund and compensation. Since you gave money in 2013 it is important to discuss status of the project presently if it is not yet launched and registered with RERA you can also lodge FIR against builder for cheating and breach of trust

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Recovery Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Recovery Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles