Recovery of invested Amount with a Private limited company

I have invested 5 lacs with a private limited company for a particular project and I have an agreement which states that I would be eligible for profits on the product sale. However it has been almost 12 months I have not received any profit and response I get from management is we are trying. hence I have sent an email on February 2018 to discontinue the contract. This was accepted from the company and was asked to wait for 3 months as notice. This expired on April and was given 1 Lac. The rest of the 4 lacs is still pending and I am not getting proper update. Do let me know how I can take legal action and if taken what would be the time frame I am looking at. or it is better to keep following up with them.

Answers (1)

262 votes


AS you said you have invested the amount, then you become the one of the co sharer of the said company. When you have not received any profit, you have right to claim your profit portion from the company. As you said you have termination the contract and the same was accepted by the company from email. Then the contract is proved .

yes you can issue legal notice to the said company and demand back your amount. In case if they failed to comply the demand, you can file a case for recovery on the base of their correspondence email.

Please proceed .

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Recovery Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Recovery Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles