How to recover money lent to a friend

Dear sir/madam, I have know this guy for 5 years. On friendship basis a blind trust when he asked me money I gave him huge amount .He promised to return my money every month and when in need he would provide me the full amount. He never returned any amount its been 1 year now. He has disconnected all means of communication and when I go to his house to ask for my amount , he threatens me as he states he his lawyer and he his very manipulative person. Im deeply saddened and mentally drained for the betrayal.I have no one to help me.As a woman I have been used and taken for granted. Please Help!

The most common civil remedy for recovering money is Order 37 of the Civil Procedure Code, which allows a creditor to file a summary suit. Compared to normal suits, summary suits are disposed of faster. Once the suit is instituted and the summons are issued, the defendant has 10 days to make an appearance, failing which the court assumes the plaintiff's allegations to be true and, accordingly, awards the plaintiff. If the defendant makes an appearance, the court accepts his defence only if it is convinced that it is genuine