Gave loan of 5 lacs and took cheque which got bounce want to file case

Loan of Rs 5 lacs given Cash and Taken Cheque of full amount as Security....Can I Case against that person in Court if he is not returning my money back

Answers (1)

152 votes

If the cheque given at your name gets bounced you are entitled to proceed legally against the person you gave you cheque. This will be in accordance with negotiable instrument act.please start the proceeding without wasting any time.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Recovery Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Recovery Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

hello, We group of 5 took a loan from bank i cleared my loan amount, but due to some reason one of my friend cant pay loan as he is ill and cant join …

Read More

We booked 3 plots in 2008 with Ansal Sushant City Kurukshetra by an initial payment of 3.8 lacs per plot but were unable to make further payments. In …

Read More

What can I do if someone has withheld my payment and is not releasing the amount? I am an interior designer and I undertook an assignment for fin…

Read More

Years back my father borrowed some money from some people who lent money Its being years we are paying interest per month but our financial conditions…

Read More