Friends friend not returning money

I have taken loan from bank and gave it to my friends friend as he told he will pay emi without fail also he will give me some amount as gift, and now he is not paying the emi, every time i ask for emi dues, he says he will clear all at once, but he is not paying anything either emi or pending amount which i paid as bank emi, how to come out from this situation,

Do you have any acknowledgment for having lent the money?

Anything in writing to say he’d repay? Recorded phone calls? Witness?

If yes, then you could take a legal action by fist sending a notice and incase there’s no response, file a private complaint.