Chit fund fraud. Chit fund person has absconded and not returning mone

In Recovery Law
Hello sir, I paid to an unregistered chit fund person. This person has absconded and returned. This person is in Andhra Pradesh and I stay in Hyderabad. Can I log a case in Hyderabad? I paid amount to him through online.

hi you could file a suit for recovery of money against the money lender by serving him notice asking him to pay the amount and also file criminal case against him for cheating and other offences so that he may repay you the amount