queswife's right after husbands death

My Jiju (brother-in-law) died. Left behind his Parents (Non Working) Wife (homemaker) two children. The house in which they live belongs to my sister's father-in-law who is the father of the deceased. Legally does the wife get any share from the property.

  • ansYour sister has every right to stay in the matrimonial home. Whether she has got any right in the property owned by her father-in-law, which certainly depends on how her father-in-law got the ownership of the house, whether it was by inheritance, gift or self-acquired by her father-in-law.

    If her father-in-law has inherited the property from his parents then your sister can claim being wife of his son(deceased).

  • Apply For Legal Heir/Succession Certificate With Expert Lawyers
    Know More

    Click here to see all Property Legal Services
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

I need any gud suggestion i am having a land in village which is under…
My father purchased a land infront of a highway 15 years back and now we…

Sir I applied for pahanies (ror) of agriculture land in a village from mandal revenue…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Mohammed Abdul Quadeer

  Shree Ram Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

View all >>