What rights do grandchildren have in a property

I am Hindu by religion and live in Mumbai. I stay with my parents, elder brother and his wife. This property was owned by my grandfather and was transferred to my father upon his death. Grandfather had prepared a will too but that was not registered I suppose. My brother and his wife harass my parents a lot mentally and also demand a share in the property. I wanted to know whether grandchildren (me and my brother) own a share in this property by default? Can my father deny a share in this property according to his will? Also, needed advice on how to remove my elder brother from home legally as he denies leaving the house.

Answers (1)

If will contains any provision to bequeath the property to any one, it will prevail. Registration of will is not must. It is a valid will.
If will is not acted upon than ur father alone has inherited the property and hence u and ur brother cannot claim any share in it during lifetime of father.
Father may make disposition of this property by will in favour of any person of his choice or by excluding one or both sons.
To prevent his son from harassing him, father may file a suit for prohibitory injunction to restrain him from entering or using his property and if need arise may seek s declaration that it being his property, son have no right to use or enter upon.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

My grandparents were in custody of 1acre land in Iritty Taluk, which was bought in early 60's. They are having 4 heirs. Unfortunately they both pa…

Read More

The ancestral property of my grandfather [after his death] was transferred to my father he donated more than half of the property to his wife and regi…

Read More

Sir,my name is .my father was taking 1 lacks rupees from someone. He was mortgage regristred my land without my permission. Present he says 4lacks rup…

Read More

After the death of my grandfather-inlaw, there was a partition of his property. At the time of partition my father-law was also dead and his share was…

Read More