What is the procedure to transfer the property

Good day, I am a Muslim working professional. I purchased a flat before marriage which is registered under my and my father's name. Now i want to transfer the registration or Power of attorney of that property to my wife. Please advice the procedure.

Answers (1)

54 votes

If it is a sale deed in the name of your father and you then both have to transfer it, you alone cannot transfer the property in the name of your wife. If it is only GPA given to your father for the purchase of the property and the same powers you want to give to you wife then you have to check if it is registered document then cancel that first and if it is not you can proceed. Call us through the website for further assistance.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

There are two brothers A & B, A has x,y sons, B has a,b,c,d,e. x died before 1954. Partition taken place in 1954 among y,a,b,c,d,e keeping x wife unde…

Read More

Hi, I have a 2bhk flat in joint name with my wife. I want to sell the house and not continue with the high EMI anymore. I have made all payments of th…

Read More

Family details- after my fathers death, there are total 5 members in family- Mother, 2 unmarried Daugthers, 1 Married son his wife and one Child (boy)…

Read More

sir, my sister got divorced 3 years ago by mutual consents. now her ex husband asking for the property to give him back which he bought in past but th…

Read More