What can be done if property has been sold through GPOA

My father purchased a piece of land in my mother`s name in the year 1985 in Bihar which we have complete registry paper since then .In February 2011 my mother passed away.As we are working outside ,we took our father with us out of the state. In April 2011 two people arranged General Power of Attorney from one of our neighbors who sold all her property and shifted to some other city.These two people on the basis of the GPOA from her further sold and made registry to one of the accomplices`s wife. We have challenged the above Power of Attorney in the court.The Honourable court has issued Non Bailable Warrant(NBW)against the lady who has given the said power of attorney and not being available in the court despite several summons.No body knows her whereabouts and police also could not trace her during these 7 years. They tried to capture many a times using muscle power.Though we have Land possession certificate from the circle office. What should be our course of action now?

Answers (1)

200 votes

I failed to understand your query. In your entire query I couldn't found the fact that on basis of GPOA, your mother's land was sold. So far as case and warrant issued by the court, it is settel principle of criminal law that if someone failed to appear, court can declare the said person asabsconder

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles