Transfer of ownership in property by continuous possession for years

My family built a house on a land that was owned by a family friend. Land was bought from him in the early 90s with no proof or papers. House is registered in the municipality in my name and electricity and water connection also. Eventhough there has been no trouble so far I was wondering that what happens if i want to sell the property?. And is there any law that converts the land in to my name automatically after living there for so long? Kindly advise.

Dear
Kindly tell us what kind of land is this. Whether land is agrarian land or any other kind of land and how workout any document elect and water connection and in munciplaity house is regd in your name and from. How many years it is regd. In your name. You have to show us all the documents in your favour so that we suggest you properly.