Transfer of ownership in property by continuous possession for years

My family built a house on a land that was owned by a family friend. Land was bought from him in the early 90s with no proof or papers. House is registered in the municipality in my name and electricity and water connection also. Eventhough there has been no trouble so far I was wondering that what happens if i want to sell the property?. And is there any law that converts the land in to my name automatically after living there for so long? Kindly advise.

Answers (1)

182 votes

Kindly tell us what kind of land is this. Whether land is agrarian land or any other kind of land and how workout any document elect and water connection and in munciplaity house is regd in your name and from. How many years it is regd. In your name. You have to show us all the documents in your favour so that we suggest you properly.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Pradeep Kumar
Rohini Court, Delhi
14 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles