Society sold a room in compound but stating it as illegal now

we purchased a room in society compound means it is situated within society compound but next to building .it was watchman's room but due to some financial issue society sold it and we have done the registration in local municipality for the same.we also received share certificate and are paying maintenance and house tax.A builder has approached us for redevelopment and a meeting was arranged for the same but in meeting chairman told us that we are not legal members of society so we cant negotiate with builder. as well as our name will not be included in conveyance deed. Kindly advice what action should be taken on this matter. thanks in advance (Rel-Christian)

Answers (1)

343 votes

This is my response to you:
1. Since it forms part of the common area of the building, you are still entitled to the share in the redevelopment;
2. You must have a sale deed? Receipt? Is it registered?
3. Or a share certificate? or allotment letters etc?
4. These documents will prove to you that, that portion of the land belongs to you;
5. Therefore you have right to attend the meeting with the builder;
6. Consult a local lawyer and take steps.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles