Sister's share in property inherited by will of deceased father

My late grandfather registered his property (Inherited from my great grandfather) in my dad's name out of his own will a couple of years back (while he was alive) and my dad sold his property for my higher studies. Now, is there a possibility for my dad's sisters to claim a share in that sale money and file a lawsuit against my dad?

Yes, there are possilities for your aunt to challenge the settlement made by your grandfather in favour of your father as invalid or may ask for her share in the property as a equal sharer and may also also ask for other relief. For this she have to establish that it is a ancestral property. You may take such appropriate defense as necessary which can be arrayed only upon proper understanding of entire case.