Sister's share in property inherited by will of deceased father

My late grandfather registered his property (Inherited from my great grandfather) in my dad's name out of his own will a couple of years back (while he was alive) and my dad sold his property for my higher studies. Now, is there a possibility for my dad's sisters to claim a share in that sale money and file a lawsuit against my dad?

Answers (1)

279 votes

Yes, there are possilities for your aunt to challenge the settlement made by your grandfather in favour of your father as invalid or may ask for her share in the property as a equal sharer and may also also ask for other relief. For this she have to establish that it is a ancestral property. You may take such appropriate defense as necessary which can be arrayed only upon proper understanding of entire case.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles