Share in self acquired property.

I have a flat bought by me in Delhi. now since last 4 years i and my wife are living at my native UP. i have 2 sons. one is living with me in UP and another son who is in indian coast guard living in my Bangalore's flat. and they are not giving any rent from last 4 yrs. now i have said him to leave my flat because we want to give it on rent to somebody else for life living.but he is not ready to leave the this case what should i do with them. Can he get any kind of share from my self acquired property if i dont want? Can i transfer my flats to my younger sons name if i want? Kindly advise me I am very helpless.

Answers (1)

459 votes
You are an absolute owner of flat. You can bequeath flat to whom soever you desire. If your son refuses to vacate flat issue legal notice and if instead of notice he fails to vacate file suit for eviction against him.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles