Sale of excess land against power of attorney

I was purchase 3 kaatha land on mar 2011 thru broker. after three years in 2014 i start construction in my land, when my construction made half. one day land owner son came and say stop the work. reason was land owner given the power of attorney to broker 10 kaatha & broker sale 40 kaatha land in same plot.he said only under 10 kaatha deed is legal after 10th is illegal & he going to local police station & complain of all 25 deed holder which is purchase of land. i have original deed ,mutation, raised. in this plot only 2 home made earlier 3rd my home made then it come. when i go to local police station for this complain, police says in this time i not take any action few days after i inform then which days u don't work regularly in ur construction. i want to suggestion for u what we do..? i am very harassment feel,

Answers (1)

160 votes
Have you not checked the POA issued to the broker before purchasing the land? If he is not authorized to sell more than 10 Kathas, then the sale deed signed by the broker for selling 40 katha is invalid. Talk to the broker at least for executing a sale deed of 10 Kathas & let him return the money for the balance 30 Kathas, 4. Lodge a police complaint against the broker for cheating you if he does not comply with your request.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles