Right to claim property of Maternal Grandfather

There\\\'s is an existing property from my Maternal Grandfather (deceased -30 years ago). There\\\'s is no official will in this case, so it should follow standard law of succession or inheritance, which is to my grandmother and her children. However my mother has relinquished her claim in that inheritance and signed off the property to her siblings. That technically restricts me from any claim to that property whatsoever. However my query is, since the property is not created by my mother,but only inherited from her father, does she have the right to relinquish my right to inheritance from the property, as I was not a minor when she had signed off her claim. Also now since she has already relinquished her right, do I have any legal right to claim my inheritance in my Maternal Grandfathers property.

Answers (0)

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Gouri Shankar Hemekari
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
23 years Experience
Advocate Ricky Chopra
Sector - 49, Gurgaon
18 years Experience
Advocate Ricky Chopra
Karkardooma Court, Delhi
18 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles