Right of unmarried handicapped daughter in ancestral property

Dear sir, We have a problem with our ancestral land. My grand mother and grand father gifted their ancestral property to their daughter and registered property on their name with out any notice to my father. The person to whom they have gifted the property now she is not alive. And my grandparents are having one elder daughter who is unmarried and mentally handicapped. She was spent her entire life with the parents till they alive after they passed away my father became care taker for her and now she is staying in the same property. My Uncle has filed a case against my father to vacate the property. Till their death my father taken care about my grandparents and given moral support. As he could not give many due to his small salary (worked as watch man). Kindly, help me for below quires: 1) Do we and As a unmarried and mentally handicapped daughter she doesn’t have right to have their parents property?

Answers (1)

301 votes

This is M.A RAHEEM KHAN Advocate, From : Hyderabad, @ Lawrato.com

Yes the Unmarried Mental Handicap daughter also have right in their ancestral property, Property have to be partitioned as per the Personal Law such as Hindu Law, Muslim Law, etc.,

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles