Right of my mother over her father's property after his death

Hi , My mom  has 4 brothers and 5 sisters. My mom father have land property. My mom father passed away in 1965. The land is under the control of my moms brother. Can my mom or I get some share in that land. Do we have any rights to demand share in that land.

Answers (2)

315 votes

This is M.A RAHEEM KHAN Advocate, From ; Hyderabad. @ lawrato.com

Yes your mother can claim her share from her brothers for which first you have to issue Legal Notice through advocate to brothers of your mom for demanding her share, if they not respond to the Legal notice then your mother or you can file the suit for partition to claim share.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

334 votes

as the legal heir under section 14 of the hindu succession act you can file a suit for declaration and possession of the property and by paying court fee and you can seek for damages of the illegal possession

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles