Right of my mother over her father's property after his death

Hi , My mom  has 4 brothers and 5 sisters. My mom father have land property. My mom father passed away in 1965. The land is under the control of my moms brother. Can my mom or I get some share in that land. Do we have any rights to demand share in that land.

This is M.A RAHEEM KHAN Advocate, From ; Hyderabad. @ lawrato.com

Yes your mother can claim her share from her brothers for which first you have to issue Legal Notice through advocate to brothers of your mom for demanding her share, if they not respond to the Legal notice then your mother or you can file the suit for partition to claim share.

as the legal heir under section 14 of the hindu succession act you can file a suit for declaration and possession of the property and by paying court fee and you can seek for damages of the illegal possession