Right of daughter in law for share in mother in law's property

My sister in law is residing with my parents forcefully. Property is in the name of my mother.. we won the case in lower courts and high court as well. Now her counsel has filled a SLP in supreme court. I just wanted to know whether her SLP will be accepted or not..Does she has any residence right over my mother property as a shareholding house under DV act. And is there any time limit for deciding SLP in supreme court otherwise her lawyer will always try to spoil time

Answers (1)

179 votes

Son and daughter-in-law have no right in the parents' property and the owner of the property can keep and evict whoever he or she wants to. In this scenario your sister in-law has no right in to stay in your mother's property and even in DV case she can only have the right to stay with his husband wherever he is residing and not in your mother's home
In these circumstances her SLP is most likely to be rejected.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles