Remedy as father's brother claims whole property of grandmother

My father sold his agricultural land to his brother long ago. There's an agricultural land self acquired by my paternal grandmother in her name and now she's no more. Now my father's brother is unwilling to give share of my grandmother to my father. As my father's brother purchased my father's land. My father's brother is claiming falsely that he also acquired my father's share of my grandmother's land. He is showing a paper as a proof where my father wrote that he sold his property for so so amount.the said land is being cultivated by my father's brother as we live in some other city far away from my native village. Even sisters of my father expressed their consent to share the land equally between two brothers whereas my father's brother is claiming the whole land. can my father file a case against his brother??

Answers (1)

206 votes

Your father sold his agricultural land to his brother and the paper showing by your paternal uncle is also reflecting the same as per your contention. Then your paternal grandmother's property shall be partitioned between your father and his brother. Now your father can file a suit for Partition against your paternal uncle.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
23 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles