Registered will changed by wife.

My mother's father had a house in Hosangabad (M.P.) and it has 5 seprate portions. 2 portions having joint let bath area and 1 seperate portion having individual let bath area on the ground floor and 2 portion on the first floor having joint let bath area. My grand father(Nana) had done a registered will and as per that will ground portion are for 3 daughters and first floor portion for 2 sons. My mother passed away on 31st dec but before that the individual portions are transferred on the concerned person's name. My Mama(mother elder brother) also passed away but his wife stays alone in the house.

She stays at my mother and her elder sister(my maasi) portion at ground floor. My mother elder sister filed a case against her(elder brother’s wife) to vacate the portion but later on we discovered that she had done a will with 3 witnesses by my nana’s wife in which its mentioned that ground floor both portions belong to her. Now my nani is also no more. My question is whether a registered will (by my nana) can be changed by his spouse (Nani) and as my mother demised her portion will belong to his husband or children.

Answers (1)

411 votes
Under no circumstances your maternal grand mother could have changed the will prepared by her husband. You may file a law suit for cancellation of the changes effected by your maternal grand mother in the will of your maternal grand father.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles