Registered Gift Deed Revocation

My father had a open plot which he purchased from a third party , and I (my Age was 27 years and doing Job) gave some amount to my father to buy the same property from him . My Father told he will do gift deed to me as it will be done by less Registration expenses. As same he did gift deed on my name and registered in Sub Registered office. Later as the land costs increased ,my father revoked the gift deed by managing register office people without my notice and intervention.I am not aware of this till I applied Home Loan .And he wanted to sell the property to other person.I took personal loan,sold stock shares and gave the big amount to my own father and now I cannot tell to anyone outside. I paid some amounts(in Lakhs of Rupees) in form of bank checks to my Father. Now he continuously asking amounts.There is no bad economic situation as My father receives 25 to 30 thousand pension from Govt and no other expenses as everything is taken care by me .Now thinking if I paid the same amounts I might get some big property in open market. Sir please suggest me now what can I do, I can't imagine a case against my father, he is the most respectable person to me. Please suggest me .

Answers (1)

58 votes
Your father could not have cancelled the gift deed unilaterally after the same had been registered in the office of sub-registrar. In order to validate the ownership rights which you assumed after the gift deed was made in your favour you need to file a case against your father for recognition of your ownership in the property. Whether or not you have to file the case is to be decided by you, but we can suggest you only within the periphery of law.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles