Redevelopment Agreement for Ancestral Property

After my grandmother's death my aunt transferred the property to herself. My uncle and my dad (all of them died intestate) and hence the ancestral property still stands in their names and till date we have not got the said ancestral property transferred to any one of our names. As far as signing of the Agreement is concerned, I just need to know if the property is inherited and as all the legal heirs have expired, can the property go in my mother’s name after the death of my father? Can she solely sign the redevelopment agreement if made in her name alone or still we all heirs need to sign the same?

Answers (1)

292 votes
The property has to be divided between all legal heirs. Your father's portion of the said property can be divided between you, your mother and your sister-in-law (in absence of your brother). Since all of you become co-owners of the property, you all have to sign the development agreement unless any one of you decide to relinquish his/her right on the property in favor of the other members.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles